FIBARO - Universal Dimmer 250W FGD-212 Z-Wave+
FIBARO Dimmer enable you to wirelessly control lights by inserting module into an existing light switch.
FIBARO Dimmer enable you to wirelessly control lights by inserting module into an existing light switch. Dimmer has been designed to work with almost any types of light sources*. The FIBARO Dimmer is the smallest available module of this type, measuring just 17mm high.
Dimmer allows you to reduce expenses on lighting. Dimming bulbs permanently by 15-20% is unnoticeable for your eyes and helps you to lower the electricity bills.
- Enables control and dimming of the light
- May operate in 3-way systems
- The device may be operated by momentary and toggle push-buttons
- Fits into standard switch boxes
- Possibility to activate scenes by physical switch
- Z-Wave range tester
- Automatically adjusts to the type of connected lighting system
- Has a function of activating scenes
*In some cases additional equipment and/or adjustments can be needed
TECHNICAL DATAS :
- Wireless technology: Z-Wave • Voltage: 110 - 240V AC
- Maximum load: 25-500W resistive load. For loads <25W also use Fibaro Dimmer Bypass
- Bulb Types: Incandescent bulbs, 230V halogen and dimmable LEDs - not recommended for 12V lighting systems, systems using transformers or fluorescent / compact fluorescent lighting
- Power Consumption: < 0.8W
- Range: up to 50m (outdoors) and 30m (indoors)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 42,5 x 38,25 x 20,3 mm
- Firmware Versions: v2.2
- Z-Wave Plus
- Power Supply
- Main power
Fibaro HC3 Lite
Anonymous customer published the 13/05/2022 following an order made on 04/05/2022
toujours aussi performant, attention cependant c'est une nouvelle version hardware donc sous jeedom il faut mettre à jour les dépendances du plugin zwave pour qu'il soit bien détecté lors de l'inclusion.
Anonymous customer published the 12/06/2021 following an order made on 29/04/2021
produit très fiable
Anonymous customer published the 30/04/2021 following an order made on 18/04/2021
Branchement simple, et paramétrage facile une fois qu'on a compris à quoi servent les valeurs.
Anonymous customer published the 25/02/2021 following an order made on 13/02/2021
Anonymous customer published the 24/02/2021 following an order made on 12/02/2021
Facile d'utilisation et hautement configurable. La qualité fibaro au rendez vous.
Anonymous customer published the 04/02/2021 following an order made on 23/01/2021
Anonymous customer published the 19/12/2020 following an order made on 06/12/2020
Très bien !!! Comme d'habitude
Anonymous customer published the 15/10/2020 following an order made on 27/09/2020
Marche mais manque de fonctionnalités
Anonymous customer published the 19/06/2020 following an order made on 27/05/2020
Excluding Dimmer 2 from the Z-Wave network restores all the device's default settings, but does not reset the consumption measurement data.
To remove the device from the Z-Wave network:
1. Place Dimmer 2 within direct range of your Z-Wave controller.
2. Identify switch no. 1 (turns on the light) or button B (located on the device housing).
3. Put the Z-Wave controller in exclusion mode (see controller manual).
4. Quickly press switch no. three times. 1 or button B.
5. Wait for the removal process to complete.
6. Successful exclusion will be confirmed by the Z-Wave controller message.
7. Dimmer 2 will start the calibration process.
When excluding Dimmer 2 from the network with a connected rocker switch, make sure that all switch contacts are open (OFF). Otherwise, it will prevent the device from being included/excluded from the network. For toggle switches in default configuration, make six position changes. In case of problem with unknown configuration or external switch type , use button B to include/exclude.
1. Put Dimmer 2 within direct range of your Z-Wave controller
2. Identify switch no. 1 (which turns on the light) or button B (located on the device housing).
3. Put the Z-Wave controller in inclusion mode (secure / insecure) (see controller manual).
4. Quickly press switch no. three times. 1 or button B.
5. Wait for the inclusion process to complete.
6. Successful inclusion will be confirmed by a message from the Z-Wave controller
When including Dimmer 2 in the network with a rocker switch connected, make sure that all switch contacts are open (OFF). Otherwise, it will prevent the inclusion/exclusion of the device to/from the network.
For toggle switches in the default configuration, make six position changes.
If there is a problem with an unknown configuration or the type of external switch, use the B button to include/exclude.
The inclusion in secure mode must be carried out at a maximum of 2 meters from the controller.
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 incorporates a Z-Wave network range tester. Follow the instructions below to test the range with the main controller:
1) Press and hold button B until the LED turns purple.
2) Release button B.
3) Press button B again, briefly.
4) The LED indicates the range of the Z-Wave network.
GREEN - direct communication
YELLOW - indirect communication (via one or more other Z-Wave devices)
PURPLE - communication at the edge of range
RED - no communication
5) To exit the Z-Wave range test function, briefly press button B.
Fibaro Dimmer 2 has a MENU where each level is indicated by a specific color of the LED indicator. To enter the menu, press and hold button B for at least 2 seconds. While button B is still pressed, the color of the LED indicator will change following the sequence below:
BLUE – initiate load calibration procedure
RED – load calibration procedure with a Fibaro Bypass 2
WHITE – enable/disable charging using button B
GREEN – reset power consumption data memory
PURPLE – start Z-Wave network range test
YELLOW – reset Fibaro Dimmer 2 to default values
Release button B to select the desired function and confirm your choice by pressing button B.
1) Disconnect power, remove dimmer from wall switch box, reconnect power.
2) Locate button B on the case.
3) Press and hold button B to enter menu mode.
4) Release and press the B button to choose the “Reset Device” option from the menu which is indicated by the yellow color of the LED indicator.
5) After a few seconds, the device will be restarted, which is signaled by the red color of the LED indicator and the entry into the calibration mode.
Resetting the device is not the recommended method for excluding it from the Z-Wave network.
1. The connection is bad.
Connect Dimmer 2 correctly and try again.
2. The connected load is not supported.
Find and connect another type of lamp.
Check the configuration of the 1st association group. Make sure it's not empty.
Add your primary Z-Wave controller to this group (try removing it and adding it again).
1. The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is no longer powered.
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 must be supplied with a voltage of 230VAC. Check the power supply using a simple voltage tester or multimeter.
2. FIBARO Dimmer 2 has been reset.
After resetting the FIBARO Dimmer 2, it returns to its default settings. To use it, you must again make the inclusion to your Z-Wave controller.
3. The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is out of range of the Z-Wave controller.
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is out of range of the Z-Wave controller. It must be within direct range of the Z-Wave controller or within range of another node on the Z-Wave mesh network.
4. FIBARO Dimmer 2 is damaged
Please contact your dealer to initiate the warranty procedure for your FIBARO Dimmer 2.
Yes, you can use 2 bi-stable switches or several mono-stable switches. Only roller shutter switches are not permitted in such a configuration.
FIBARO Dimmer 2 automatically sets the appropriate operating mode (leading edge/trailing edge) depending on the type of light source connected.
You can use electronic and ferromagnetic transformers.
Yes, Dimmer 2 ensures strong compatibility and can work with many kinds of light sources.
It is recommended to use the FIBARO Bypass 2 module (FGB-002) for low power light sources, such as 0.5Watt LEDs.
Please connect a Neutral wire to your Dimmer 2 (3 wire connection diagram) or use a Bypass 2 module (FGB-002).
Yes – you can control this type of lamp and there is no need to change anything. The device will automatically recognize the connected light source during the calibration procedure.
The Dimmer 2 is compatible with any switch: monostable (impulse switch), bi-stable or roller shutter switch.
S1 is used to control the dimming level from the wall switch. S1 has the same function as button B. S2 is used to control only devices using associations.
No – Dimmer 2 only has one physical output (controlled by S1). To control two circuits you will need to connect another Dimmer 2. However it is possible to control several Dimmer 2 or Relay Switch from a single module using associations.
The power limit accepted by Dimmer 2 is 350VA.
1. FIBARO Dimmer 2 is already included with another Z-Wave controller.
FIBARO Dimmer 2 needs to be reset.
2. The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is too far from the Z-Wave controller.
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 must be within direct range of the Z-Wave controller during the inclusion process.
3. The FIBARO Dimmer 2 is not powered.
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 must be powered by 230VAC. Check the power supply using a simple voltage tester or multimeter.
4. The FIBARO Dimmer 2 has a different frequency (EU, US, or ANZ) than your Z-Wave controller.
FIBARO Dimmer 2 must operate on the same Z-Wave frequency (EU, US, or ANZ) as your Z-Wave controller. Please contact your dealer to exchange it.
5. FIBARO Dimmer 2 is damaged
Please contact your dealer to initiate the warranty procedure.
You might also like